Gaebelein's Annotated Bible
And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.CHAPTER 34 Defilement of Dinah
1. The defilement (Genesis 34:1-3)
2. Hamor’s proposal (Genesis 34:4-12)
3. The deceitful answer of Jacob’s sons (Genesis 34:13-24)
4. The males of Shechem slain (Genesis 34:25-29)
5. Jacob’s shame and grief (Genesis 34:30-31)
If Jacob after the Peniel experience had gone to Bethel instead of building a house at Succoth and buying a parcel of a field, perhaps this sad event might never have occurred. God permitted it for the humiliation of His servant Jacob. Again he reaps what he had sown and the deceit of the father is reflected in the deceit of some of his sons.