Gaebelein's Annotated Bible
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,VII. CONCERNING VOWS
The Claims of Jehovah Realized
1. The singular vow (Leviticus 27:1-8)
2. The sacrifice (Leviticus 27:9-13)
3. Concerning the house (Leviticus 27:14-15)
4. Concerning the land (Leviticus 27:16-25)
5. Concerning the firstling (Leviticus 27:26-27)
6. Devoted things (Leviticus 27:28-29)
7. All holy to Jehovah (Leviticus 27:30-34)
This last chapter in Leviticus concerns vows and devoted things. Israel is still in view here. At Horeb they had made their vow of being obedient and devoted to the Lord, but they could not meet the claims of what that vow meant. The sanctification as demanded in this book they could not fulfill. But grace is seen connected with it. The grace which is yet to flow out to Israel, the chosen nation. Sanctification by law is impossible; grace alone can sanctify. All mentioned is connected with the people. The house to be holy to Jehovah (verse 14) is Israel. The land too is mentioned, as well as the year of jubilee. The house, Israel, becomes Jehovah’s; and the land also belongeth then to Him. The thought which runs through this final chapter of Leviticus is that Jehovah will have His own and God finally will be all in all.
May God’s Spirit lead us into these blessed types and may we, as His bloodbought people, sanctified in Christ, walk in sanctification in the power of His Spirit.