For we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard."
Cross ReferencesJeremiah 20:9
If I say, "I will not mention Him or speak any more in His name," His message becomes a fire burning in my heart, shut up in my bones, and I become weary of holding it in, and I cannot prevail.
The lion has roared--who will not fear? The Lord GOD has spoken--who will not prophesy?
1 Corinthians 9:16
Yet when I preach the gospel, I have no reason to boast, because I am obligated to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!
1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own hands--this is the Word of life.
1 John 1:3
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And this fellowship of ours is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ.
Chapter Outline1. The rulers of the Jews, offended with Peter's sermon,
3. imprison him and John.
5. After, upon examination
8. Peter boldly avouching the lame man to be healed by the name of Jesus,
11. and that only by the same Jesus we must be eternally saved,
13. they threaten him and John to preach no more in that name,
23. whereupon the church flees to prayer.
31. And God, by moving the place where they were assembled, testifies that he heard their prayer;
34. confirming the church with the gift of the Holy Spirit, and with mutual love and charity.
Jump to PreviousHear Heard Help Possible Refrain Speak Speaking Stop Telling
Jump to NextHear Heard Help Possible Refrain Speak Speaking Stop Telling
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Acts 2:4, 32
Acts 17:16, 17
2 Samuel 23:2
Jeremiah 1:7, 17-19
Ezekiel 3:11, 14-21
1 Corinthians 9:16, 17
Acts 1:8, 22
Hebrews 2:3, 4
1 John 1:1-3
LinksActs 4:20 NIV
Acts 4:20 NLT
Acts 4:20 ESV
Acts 4:20 NASB
Acts 4:20 KJV
Acts 4:20 Bible Apps
Acts 4:20 Parallel
Acts 4:20 Biblia Paralela
Acts 4:20 Chinese Bible
Acts 4:20 French Bible
Acts 4:20 German Bible
Acts 4:20 Commentaries