And he spoke a parable to them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:…
I. WHAT IS THE SOUL? It is the real life, because —
1. It is the seat of all life's motives. The soul uses intellect and will as hands and feet. It really does all that we consciously do.
2. It is the seat of all feelings.
3. It is the seat of all responsibility.
4. It is the only enduring part — immortal.
II. THE SOUL REQUIRED.
1. Its motives exposed. No more concealment from others, from ourselves.
2. Its feeling unchecked. Like an exposed nerve.
3. Its accounts audited. Engrossed in eternal records.
4. Its immortal character and destiny fixed.
III. The man A FOOL, because he did not realize that —
1. His soul was his real life.
2. His soul might at any moment be required of him.
Parallel VersesKJV: And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: