And he spoke a parable to them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:…
I. A GOOD CULTIVATOR
1. He was rich. So is God. So were Abraham, Job, David. "The love of money" (not money itself) "is the root of all evil."
2. His investment was wise. Land cannot be consumed by fire, or removed by foe.
3. His farm was prosperous. He understood his business.
II. A BAD CALCULATOR. He undertakes to solve the problem of life, and proves a wretched bungler in the use of figures.
1. He omits the greatest factor in the problem. God forgotten, the problem works out wrong.
2. He makes a wrong estimate of the soul.
3. A wrong distribution of his goods.
4. Wrong calculation of time.
Parallel VersesKJV: And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: