1 Peter 1:3-5
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…
The Epistle at this point where it begins to flow is Like one of those infant rivers which burst full bodied at their birth from a great inland sea in which their waters have been gathered. Unlike the waters of Ezekiel's vision, that gathered volume as they flowed, this is a river to swim in the moment that it breaks away from the fountainhead,
1. Who is this of whom the prophet speaks? — God.
2. In what aspect does the Supreme present Himself? — As the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. What has He done? — Begotten us again; made us new creatures.
4. From what motive has He acted? — According to His abundant mercy.
5. By what means has He accomplished this great change? — By the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
6. To what end in the experience of His people does He thus work? — To a living hope burning in their hearts here, and an inheritance incorruptible beyond the grave.
Parallel VersesKJV: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,