I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation with which you are called,
I. THE NATURE OF A CHRISTIAN'S CALLING.
1. It is a holy calling (2 Timothy 1:9).
2. It is an honourable calling (Philippians 3:14).
3. To serve an honourable Master (1 Timothy 1:17).
4. Hence it is a profitable calling (1 Timothy 4:8).
II. THE OBLIGATION OF THE CALLING.
1. We must first study the principles of our calling (Ephesians 1:17).
2. We must be emulous to claim the privileges of the calling (Ephesians 3:16-19).
3. We must cultivate the spirit of the calling (Ephesians 4:2, 3).
4. We must perform the duties of the calling (John 14:23).
(1) In civil life (Ephesians 4:25).
(2) In religious life (Ephesians 4:24).
(3) In domestic life (Ephesians 6:1-9).
III. THE DIGNITY OF THE CALLING (1 Thessalonians 2:12).
IV. THE OBJECT OF THE CALLING (1 Peter 5:10).
(T. B. Baker).
Parallel VersesKJV: I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,