And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which you have received in the Lord, that you fulfill it.
I. THE CHRISTIAN MINISTRY IS A SOLEMN AND RESPONSIBLE TRUST.
1. It is Divine in its bestowal. "Received in the Lord."
2. It is personal in its responsibility. "Which thou hast received."
3. It involves the communication of good to others. "Ministry."
4. It has a special aspect of importance for the individual minister. "The Ministry."
II. THE CHRISTIAN MINISTRY DEMANDS UNSWERVING: FIDELITY IN ACCOMPLISHING ITS LOFTY MISSION. "That thou fulfil it."
1. Divine truth must be clearly apprehended and profoundly realized.
2. The whole truth must be declared.
3. The declaration of truth must be full and courageous.
III. THE CHRISTIAN MINISTRY IS SURROUNDED by peculiar perils. "Take heed." A shrewd and ever wakeful vigilance is needed against —
1. The stealthy encroachments of error.
2. The pernicious influences of the world.
3. The subtle temptations to unfaithfulness.
Parallel VersesKJV: And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.