Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
The conduct of life is to be regulated —
I. ACCORDING TO THE DICTATES OF THE HIGHEST WISDOM.
1. Religion is a life. "Walk."
2. Religion is a life shaped and controlled by the highest wisdom. "Walk in wisdom."
3. Religion is a life that should be instructive to the irreligious. "Toward them that are without."
4. Religion is a life that impels the seizure of every opportunity for good-doing. "Redeeming the time " — buying up the opportunities. Opportunity is the flower of time which blooms for a moment and is gone for ever.
II. BY JUDICIOUS SPEECH.
1. Christian speech should be gracious. "Let your speech be alway with grace."
2. Christian speech should be piquant. "Seasoned with salt."
3. Christian speech should be practical. "That ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."
Parallel VersesKJV: Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.