1 Peter 1:13-16
Why gird up the loins of your mind, be sober…
I. EXPLAIN THE EXHORTATION.
1. The nature of holiness.
2. Its different stages and degrees.
3. Its objects.
4. Its effects.
II. CONSIDER THE MOTIVE.
1. God is holy, and therefore without holiness we cannot be like Him.
2. God is holy, and therefore those only who are so can truly serve Him.
3. God is holy, and without holiness it is impossible to please Him in anything we do.
4. God is holy, and unless we be so too, we cannot be owned or acknowledged by Him.
5. God is holy, and we must be holy in order to enjoy Him.
(B. Beddome, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;