2 Timothy 2:7
Consider what I say; and the Lord give you understanding in all things.
I. SHOW IN WHAT MANNER WE ARE TO HEAR THE WORD.
1. Consider well the matter or import of what is spoken.
2. Attend to the truth and propriety of what is delivered.
3. Consider the weight and importance of what is delivered.
4. Consider the personal concern you have in the truths delivered.
II. THE MOTIVES WHICH SHOULD INDUCE US WELL TO CONSIDER WHAT WE HEAR.
1. Think in whose Name the ministers of the gospel speak, and whose Person they represent.
2. Consider the great end they aim at in their ministrations.
3. By the Word that we hear we shall be judged at the last day.
(B. Beddome, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.