And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:…
I. THE NATURE OF CHRIST'S GLORY. There is —
1. The essential glory of Christ.
2. His mediatorial glory.
3. His remunerative glory.
II. SOME INSTANCES IS WHICH THIS GLORY IS COMMUNICATED TO THE SAINTS.
1. They have glorious titles.
2. Glorious privileges.
3. They are brought into glorious relations.
4. Glorious acts and exploits are ascribed to them.
5. Glorious prespects are before them.
1. The vanity of earthly things.
2. The dignity of real Christians.
3. Press forward to possession.
4. Let Him who put this glory on us receive all glory from us.
(B. Beddome, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: