1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed on me was not in vain…
No one ever had —
1. A more vivid sense of the grandeur of the work which God was carrying on in the earth than the Apostle Paul.
2. More of esprit de corps. He knew well who was working with him, and understood perfectly the grandeur of the campaign on which he had entered.
3. So grand and magnificent a sense of the final outcome of God's moral government over this world as he. Learn —
(1) This subject may comfort those who are weary of work, or, rather, rebuke and convert them.
(2) It is our duty to work as long as there is work, and we have strength to do it.
(H. W. Beecher.)
Parallel VersesKJV: But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.