Beware that you forget not the LORD your God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes…
"Forget not." God hates forgetfulness of His blessings —
1. Because He has commanded that we should not forget them (Deuteronomy 4:9).
2. Because forgetfulness is a sign of contempt.
3. It is the peculiarity of singular carelessness.
4. It springs from unbelief.
5. It is the greatest mark of ingratitude.
(Thos. le Blanc.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day: