For a day in your courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God…
The good man loves the house of God —
1. Because it is a constant testimony for God in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation.
2. Because it is a refuge to him from the inhospitable and uncongenial influences by which he is surrounded in the world.
3. Because it is a school in which he becomes more fully instructed in the truth as it is in Jesus.
4. Because it is the home where he enjoys the communion of saints.
5. Because there he enjoys fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
6. Because it identifies him more and more with the paradise of God above.
Parallel VersesKJV: For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.