To whom also he showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days…
Kings by virtue of their office are under an obligation to live royally. Let us then walk worthy of Him who hath called us to His kingdom and glory.
II. THE THINGS PERTAINING TO THIS KINGDOM.
1. The King. Christ Jesus. God and man who occupies the throne because He became obedient to the death of the Cross (Philippians 2.).
2. The means of entrance into this kingdom — the new birth (John 3.)
3. The conditions of continuance in the kingdom.
(1) Loyalty to the King.
(2) Love to our fellow subjects.
(3) Endeavours to extend the boundaries of the realm.
4. The glorious prospects of the kingdom. "The kingdoms of this world shall become the kingdoms of our God," etc. "He shall reign from sea to sea," etc.
(J. W. Burn.)
Parallel VersesKJV: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: