Having therefore, brothers, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,…
I. THE HOLIEST PLACE.
1. The special residence of the Deity.
2. The scene of holy services.
3. The residence of holy beings.
4. From this place those blessings are communicated that make us holy.
II. THE WAY OF ACCESS.
1. A new way.
2. A living way.
3. A consecrated way.
III. THE MANNER OF APPROACH.
1. With boldness.
2. With a true heart.
3. In full assurance of faith.
4. With hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience.
5. With bodies washed with pure water.Application. Learn:
1. The gospel method of salvation. The blood of Jesus. Its expensiveness and its preciousness.
2. There must be personal application before we can enjoy its benefits.
3. All who thus personally approach shall obtain mercy.
4. How shall they escape who neglect so great salvation?
(J. Burns, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,