Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
I. THE NATURE OF THE COMMAND.
1. It gives authority for missionary undertakings.
2. Obedience to it is a test of a disciple's love.
3. Connected with the Saviour's promise — "I am with you."
4. It is binding until Jesus comes again.
II. WHAT ENCOURAGEMENT IS DERIVED FROM IT?
1. Encouragement as to God's purposes concerning our fallen world.
2. That human instrumentality is appointed for the furtherance of God's purposes.
3. This explains the opposition we meet with in doing God's work: Satan is the god of this world.
4. We may reckon on our Master's sympathy.
5. We have a certain hope of final success.
(W. Cadman, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: