His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.
There are seven sorts of special sins.
1. Such as appertain to and most commonly show themselves in this or that age of man's life.
2. There are sins more proper to some countries and places.
3. To the season or times wherein we live.
4. There are special sins of men's special callings, dealings, and tradings in the world
5. Of their conditions, whether poor or rich, great or small.
6. There are special sins following the constitution of the body, whether sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic, or melancholy.
7. There are special sins hanging about our relations. The bones of some are full of the sins of their relations and constitutions; the bones of others are full of the sins of their conditions and callings; the bones of not a few are full of the sins of the place, time or age wherein they live. The bones of many are full of that special age of their lives, their youth. The sins of their youth age are visible in their old age, and the sins of their first age prove the sorrows of their last. Till sin be repented of and pardoned, the punishment of it remains. The punishment of sin reacheth as far as sin reacheth. All the sins of youth remain in and upon the oldest of impenitent persons. It is the greatest misery to persevere in sin.
Parallel VersesKJV: His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.