And Israel said to Joseph, Behold, I die: but God shall be with you, and bring you again to the land of your fathers.…
I. AN ABSORBING CRISIS.
1. Its nature.
2. Its cause. Result of sin.
3. Its consequences. Everlasting.
II. AN AWAKENING CONSIDERATION. "Behold." That word suggests to us suitable preparation. In prospect, then, of that amazing hour we ought —
1. To review our past lives.
2. To realise our dying hour.
3. To think of our future prospects.
(C. Clayton, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Israel said unto Joseph, Behold, I die: but God shall be with you, and bring you again unto the land of your fathers.