1 Kings 19:8
And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights to Horeb the mount of God.
I. THE PROPHET'S REPAST.
1. The sacramental feast is alike simple and plain.
2. Yet is this a mysterious repast.
II. THE PECULIAR UNWORTHINESS OF THE PROPHET ON THIS OCCASION.
1. The Lord's Supper is a repast prepared for sinners!
2. True, they must be penitent, broken-hearted sinners.
3. It is for the weary, burthened, troubled servants of Jesus.
III. The great benefit which the prophet derived from this repast, although he was so unworthy.
1. Spiritual benefits are not necessarily so attached to the Christian feast.
(F. Close, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.