As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good to all men, especially to them who are of the household of faith.
I. THE NATURE.
1. Preserving goodness.
2. Uniting goodness.
3. Communicating goodness.
II. THE RULES. We must do good —
1. With that which is our own (1 Chronicles 21:24).
2. With cheerfulness and alacrity (2 Corinthians 9.).
3. So that we do not disable ourselves from doing good (Psalm 90:14; Psalm 112:5; 2 Corinthians 3:1; 2 Corinthians 8:13).
III. THE REASONS.
1. From the grounds of love and beneficence, which are in all men.
2. From the example of God Himself (Matthew 5:44, 45).
3. The testimony of Christ (Acts 20:35).
I. GOD MADE ALL THINGS TO DO GOOD.
II. CHRIST SAVES MEN IN ORDER THAT THEY MAY DO GOOD.
III. DO GOOD BECAUSE —
1. God commands it.
2. It will overcome evil.
3. It will make you happy.
4. It will make others happy.
5. Others will then do good to us.
Parallel VersesKJV: As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.