And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
I. THE RIGHT ROAD. Christianity is much more than sentiment; it is right living. The road that leads to the Cross of Christ.
II. THE LEADER. We need these elements in a leader:
1. Strength. "Who is stronger than this mighty King of kings?" etc.
2. Wisdom. "He knoweth all things," etc.
3. Tenderness. Christ taketh in His arms the little helpless child.
III. THE END OF THIS ROAD.
1. There is no entrance to the Eternal City except by this right way.
2. The Bible is the only guide-book for the pilgrim in this way.
3. The Christian who is helped by his Leader should also freely help all weak and overloaded brethren in this way.
4. Always bear in mind the end of your journey — heaven.
(T. L. Cuyler, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.