Brothers, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;…
1. A man may convert his fellow —
(1) By planting in him some saving truth.
(2) By showing the truth embodied in a rounded and radiant life.
2. Christians ought to strive to convert those who err.
(1) It saves a soul from death.
(2) It hides a multitude of sins (Psalm 51:9; Psalm 32:1; Proverbs 10:12; 1 Peter 4:8).
(3) It is the grandest work.
(4) It is an enduring work.
(5) It is the most certain work.Know. Other work may disappoint. In the early Christian Church one sold himself as a slave to a heathen family to gain access. They were converted, and freed him. Then he sold himself to the Governor of Sparta, with like result. If all Christians had that spirit!
(C. F. Deems, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;