Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
1. This prayer reminds us that there is another kingdom besides God's kingdom established in the world.
2. It suggests difficulties in the way of the establishment of God's kingdom.
3. It expresses our acquiescence in all things by which the desired result may be secured.
4. It leads us to anticipate that the ascendancy desired will be gained only slowly.
5. It impregnates the future with hopefulness.
6. It necessitates the cultivation of a missionary spirit.
(F. Edwards, B. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.