And immediately, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.…
I. THE SCENE of this domestic affliction.
1. The home of a disciple.
2. The house visited by Christ.
II. THE HEALING of this domestic affliction.
1. It was done tenderly.
2. It was done immediately.
3. It was done easily.
4. It was done effectually.
III. The healing was followed by MINISTRATION.
1. It was prompted by the glad impulse of her new strength.
2. It was obligated by a remembrance of her Benefactor.
3. It was required by her relatives.
4. It was not avoided by unreal excuses.Lessons:
1. Cultivate in your homes the feeling of discipleship toward Christ.
2. Seek Christ as a constant Visitor to your home.
3. Tell Christ of all your domestic sorrows.
4. Let His healing touch be immediately followed by your active ministration.
(Joseph S. Exell, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.