Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and said of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
I. HIS PORTRAIT.
1. He is a converted character.
2. His profession and his conduct agree.
3. His words and his heart harmonize.
4. He is known by his zeal for God's glory.
5. He is distinguished by his compassion for souls.
II. THE ADVANTAGES OF BEING AN ISRAELITE INDEED. The advantages are great —
1. To his family.
2. To the sphere in which he moves, whether high or low.
3. To the Church of Christ.
4. To himself.
III. IN CONCLUSION:
1. "Behold an Israelite indeed." "Mark the perfect man," etc.
2. Admire him — admire Christ in him.
3. Be thankful for him.
4. Imitate him in life.
5. Rejoice in his blessedness in heaven.
(A. Fletcher, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!