And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
I. ON EARTH.
1. In their union to Christ.
2. In their justification.
3. In Christ's fulness.
4. In their title to heaven.
II. In heaven.
1. As regards their persons — the union of body and soul with the perfection of nature and grace.
2. As regards their mental faculties — in receptivity and memory.
3. As regards the graces of the Spirit- faith lost to sight, hope in fruition, love in God.
4. As regards their fellowship- undivided, uninterrupted, with our predecessors, contemporaries, followers, God.
5. As regards their happiness — perfect enjoyment, perfect service.
(A. Fletcher, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: