1 Peter 1:10-12
Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come to you:…
I. MYSTERIOUS, and therefore a subject of angelic study.
1. From its novelty.
2. From the moral character of the race to be redeemed.
3. From the manner of its accomplishment.
4. From the mode of its promulgation.
5. From the manner in which the tidings of this salvation, even when preached with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven, are received by the children of men.
II. INFINITELY GLORIOUS.
1. In its exhibition of the Divine character.
2. In its transforming efficacy.
3. In its diffusive nature.
4. In the freeness with which its blessings are offered.
(1) To all indiscriminately.
(2) In perfect sincerity.
(3) On terms easy, and within the reach of every individual.
5. In the perpetuity and fulness of its blessings.
(James Floy, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: