Bless you God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel.…
I. EXPOUND THE PASSAGE.
1. Israel had ordinary congregations every Sabbath and national ones three times a year, and their business was to "bless God."
2. All Israel was to unite in this.
3. All the tribes are supposed to be present.
4. Those tribes which are named had each some speciality belonging to it.
5. Princes and people were together, etc.
II. APPLY THE SUBJECT. Two things are here exemplified — diligence and brotherly union. Three things are recommended — united praise, acknowledgment of mercies, and prayer.
Parallel VersesKJV: Bless ye God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel.