And he said to them, When you pray, say, Our Father which are in heaven, Hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done…
All such things as any way make to the disadvantage or disparagement of the kingdom of Christ. As —
1. That great sway which Satan hath in the world.
2. The small circuit of Christ's kingdom.
3. The mixture of Satan's subjects with Christ's in that small circuit.
4. The many clouds which obscure the light of the gospel. I mean the clouds of error, superstition, human traditions and such like.
5. The spoils of the Church made by open enemies.
6. Treacheries of false-hearted brethren.
7. Unfaithfulness in magistrates.
8. Unfaithfulness in ministers.
9. Desolation of seminaries.
10. Disorder of families.
11. Professors' unworthy walking.
12. Reproaches cast upon the saints.
13. Persecution raised against the Church.
14. Timorous backsliding of professors.
15. Schisms, sects, and dissensions in the Church.
Parallel VersesKJV: And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.