That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to his death;
I. AS SEEN IN CHRIST HIMSELF (Ephesians 1:17-21).
1. In it Christ as man was invested with all the power and glory of the Godhead. "All power is given unto Me."
2. When He returns it will be in the fulness of the resurrection glory.
II. IN THE JUSTIFICATION OF THE BELIEVER.
1. Resurrection implies death, and to know Christ in His resurrection is to know that we died in His death as our surety (Romans 6:7)
2. As judicially one with Christ in His death, the believer is one with Him in His resurrection.
III. IN THE LIFE OF THE BELIEVER.
1. We who were dead in trespasses and sins are quickened by it into life.
2. This life is sustained by a constant supply from the fountain head.
3. By this power we rise above the world and sit in heavenly places with Christ.
IV. IS THE BELIEVER'S SERVICE.
1. Observe its acting in the earliest possessors of it.
2. Employ it in testifying to its power.
V. IN THE BELIEVER'S RESURRECTION.
1. Christ's resurrection is the pledge of ours.
2. Ensures the triumph and glorification of the Church.
Parallel VersesKJV: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;