Why should you be as a man astonished, as a mighty man that cannot save? yet you, O LORD, are in the middle of us…
I. FOR ALL SEASONS.
1. Times of joy. Our prosperity will ruin us, if God be not with us.
2. Times of adversity.
3. Times of labour.
4. Times of perplexity.
II. FOR ALL SAINTS.
1. All need to pray thus. For all deserve to be abandoned.
2. All must pray thus. For all desire continuance of His presence.
3. All will pray thus. For all know the bitterness of soul consequent upon His withdrawal
III. ALWAYS ANSWERED.
1. For it is according to His will.
2. For it honours His name.
(R. A. Griffin.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Why shouldest thou be as a man astonied, as a mighty man that cannot save? yet thou, O LORD, art in the midst of us, and we are called by thy name; leave us not.