The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that wins souls is wise.
I. HE IS WISE WHO WINS SOULS, FOR HE HAS A BLESSING IN THE WINNING.
1. The best way to keep our own souls in health is to seek those of others.
2. The best way to benefit our brethren is to seek souls.
II. HE HAS A BLESSING IN THE WON. Every soul we win for Christ —
1. Is a token of His favour. It proves we have used the means in the right way.
2. Causes, or should cause, more watchfulness. We are examples to them.
3. Is an additional helper for us. What sweet communion have we with our spiritual fathers and spiritual children!
III. HE HAS A BLESSING STORED UP IN HEAVEN.
1. Exalted position. "Shine as stars."
2. Perpetual preferment. "For ever and ever."
3. Unbounded delight.
(R. A. Griffin.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.