Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,…
I. THE FEAR OF GOD'S SERVANT IN PROSPECT OF LABOUR.
1. He feels his weakness.
(1) Having no influence.
(2) Having no experience.
(3) Being unstable.
2. He feels his ignorance.
3. He feels his unworthiness.
4. He dreads the enmity of man.
II. THE COMFORTS OF GOD'S SERVANTS IN PROSPECT OF LABOUR.
1. The assurance they are called to the work.
2. The knowledge of the purpose of God.
3. The promise of the presence of God.
4. The fact that the message was from God.
(R. A. Griffin.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,