To the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things said he that holds the seven stars in his right hand…
I. THE GREATNESS OF THE SIN OF COLDNESS IN CHRISTIANS, AND HOW OFFENSIVE IT IS TO GOD.
1. You have no right to feel this indifference towards God or man.
2. This coldness is not a mere defect, it bespeaks some degree of the positive action of the most polluting passions.
3. It is a dreadful abuse of God. It is passing by His infinite glories after other objects.
4. It involves all the guilt of base ingratitude.
5. There is in this thing the violation of an oath, or a solemn breach of covenant.
II. WHAT IS TO BE ALONE, AND HOW WE ARE TO ESCAPE FROM. THIS FEARFUL CONDITION.
(E. Griffin, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;