1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing.
The life of religion consists in dependence upon God; and prayer is the breathing forth of this life, the exercise and energizing of this life.
I. THE EXPLANATION OF THE INJUNCTION OF THE TEXT.
1. The frequent act of prayer.
2. The persevering habit of prayer.
3. The pervading spirit of prayer.
II. THE ENFORCEMENT OF THE TEXT.
1. As a remedy for perplexity.
2. As a consolation under trouble.
3. As strength against temptation.
(T. Griffith, A. M.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Pray without ceasing.