And what will you do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will you flee for help?…
I. A DAY OF VISITATION IS COMING UPON ALL MEN.
II. IT IS OF THE GREATEST IMPORTANCE TO BE PREPARED FOR THIS DAY.
1. Because your happiness, when the day of visitation comes, will depend upon it.
2. It will be positive misery to be unprepared.
3. You have an invaluable treasure in peril.
4. If you come to judgment unprepared it will be too late forever.
III. GOD IN HIS MERCY PRESSES THIS SOLEMN QUESTION UPON OUR SERIOUS AND DEVOUT CONSIDERATION.
1. It appears clear that God does sincerely desire the happiness of all men.
2. His thus pressing this solemn thought upon men's consideration shows that they are unwilling to obey God.
3. Man's want of happiness is entirely with himself and not with God.
(N. M. Harry.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?