Draw me, we will run after you: the king has brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in you…
I. MAN NEEDS TO BE DIVINELY DRAWN TO GOD.
1. He is far away from God in heart, life, and purpose.
2. Has no inclination to return.
3. Is every moment wandering farther.
4. His understanding needs to be enlightened, his affections to be won, his will changed, and his whole life and being drawn God-ward.
II. GOD IS EVER SEEKING TO DRAW MEN TO HIMSELF.
1. By loving words.
2. By merciful deeds.
3. By gracious revelations of Himself and of His purposes, as in Christ His Son.
4. By the influences of His Holy Spirit.
III. MAN'S PROPER ATTITUDE IN RELATION TO THE DIVINE DRAWINGS. Here is —
1. A sense of need.
2. Candid acknowledgment of it.
3. Earnest prayer — "Draw me."
4. A spirit of obedience — "and we will run after Thee."
5. Eager desire to come to God with all possible diligence — "we will run after Thee."
Parallel VersesKJV: Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
WEB: Take me away with you. Let us hurry. The king has brought me into his rooms. Friends We will be glad and rejoice in you. We will praise your love more than wine! Beloved They are right to love you.