1 Chronicles 12:29
And of the children of Benjamin, the kindred of Saul, three thousand…
It seems quite possible in the presence of this incident to find an easy statement of the law of the accumulation of power. The law may be stated thus: Persistent action in one direction brings, after a time, surprisingly added power for further action in that direction. Consider this —
1. In the accumulation of property.
2. As to the formation of habits.
3. As to increase in intellectual force.
4. As to advancing power in the spiritual life.Lessons:
1. Be careful of the day. Day by day, because he day by day had been the man he was, they gathered to David. Especially towards the accumulation of any sort of power do not lose time in youth.
2. Have courage. Front towards such right accumulation of power, and this great law of its accumulation is steadily working for you.
3. This great law works as steadily the other way; e.g., King Saul, fronting and choosing wrong, was losing righteous power day by day, until at last he came to the sad wreck he made.
(Wayland Hoyt, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And of the children of Benjamin, the kindred of Saul, three thousand: for hitherto the greatest part of them had kept the ward of the house of Saul.