Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch.
1. In pouring out indignation on the wicked world, God provideth for His saints.
2. God alone knoweth how to deliver the just from destruction to come.
3. Man must use God's means in order to salvation according to His prescript.
4. In God's command of using means, there is implied a promise.
5. Means of salvation to sight are but mean and despicable, a little timber and pitch.
6. Several nests and mansions are in the ark of the Church (ver. 14).
7. All Church work for salvation must have its line and measure from God.
8. Sufficient dimensions doth God give to the means of salvation for His people. Breadth and length, etc. (ver. 15).
9. Light must be in the means or instrument of man's salvation.
10. A door or entrance must be for souls to come into the ark of the Church and live.
11. A due proportion of place is designed by God for all creatures admitted into the Church ark for salvation (ver. 16).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.