Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and to them were sons born after the flood.…
1. The most cursed man may have a numerous seed: it enlargeth the curse.
2. Cursed ones bring out sometimes an eminent rebellious seed to hasten vengeance (ver. 8).
3. The greatest judgments will not keep wicked ones from sin though being but a little escaped from them.
4. Under a wise providence, power and violence is suffered to rise and spring in the earth (ver. 8).
5. It is the property of giants in sin and earthly power to hunt to death God's saints to His face.
6. God makes in vengeance the names of such wicked ones a proverb (ver. 9).
7. The beginning and chief of all the power of wicked ones is but confusion, and the place of wickedness. Babel and Shinar (ver. 10).
8. Wicked potentates are still invading others to enlarge themselves (ver. 11).
9. Edifying cities, and places of strength, is the wickeds' security.
10. Great cities they may have, but such as are under the eye and judgment of God (ver. 12).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.