And God appeared to Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him.…
1. God useth to knit comforts unto griefs for His saints. When creature comforts go out of sight, God cometh in.
2. God's appearance is enough to countervail the disappearance of any comfort.
3. In various ways God hath appeared to His saints, but now only in Christ.
4. Repeated manifestations of Himself doth God afford to the necessities of His saints.
5. All God's gracious appearances are to bless His people.
6. God's blessing for this life and that which is to come is effectual.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him.