And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.
1. God joineth His seconds to His firsts, as He seeth need for redemption of His Church.
2. The same Jehovah only fits and calls His first and second instruments for His works. All from God.
3. God may call the elder after the younger brother, and subject him.
4. God can bring brethren together which were as lost one to another.
5. Motion and place and work, God points out to His instruments of salvation.
6. God makes the deserts places for deliverers to meet in for His Church's good.
7. God's call to meeting of instruments is to teach them their respective work.
8. Hearts which God toucheth are ready for obedience to God's call.
9. The mount of God, and God in the mount, is best for His servants to meet about His work.
10. Nature and grace teach men to give signs of love and loyalty to God's substitutes below (ver. 27).
11. It is just for supreme powers to open their commissions from God to inferiors.
12. God's words alone are to be declared, which He speaks to His servants, and are to be spoken by them.
13. Mission and commission of God's ministers must appear both from God.
14. God's wonderful works as well as gracious works must be showed at His command.
15. Joint ambassadors of the Church's deliverance need to know God's words and works (ver. 28).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.