And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel…
1. The people's faith should closely follow upon God's word ministered, and by His works confirmed. A good connection.
2. Where God promiseth success to His ministers in the faith of others, there they shall believe (Exodus 3:18).
3. All professed believers, receive not God's word with the same faith.
4. Hearing is the usual sense of bringing in faith and the fruits of it.
5. God's gracious visitation of His Church, and providential sight of its afflictions, is very good to be heard by them.
6. Such hearing of God's visiting love and redeeming providence must affect God's Israel.
7. Faith working by this sense stirs up souls to suitable returns unto God.
8. The humblest and sincerest worship in body and spirit is the most suitable return to God for His redemption.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.