And they met Moses and Aaron, who stood in the way, as they came forth from Pharaoh:…
1. Sense of evil from tyrants may make the oppressed fall foul with their best friends.
2. Providence orders His servants sometimes to meet with friends after sad usage by oppressors.
3. Ministers of salvation wait to meet God's afflicted, when they looked not after them.
4. Instruments of deliverance may desire a good egress of the oppressed from tyrants, and not find it (ver. 20).
5. Sense overcharged with oppression may make men reproach God and curse His ministers.
6. Unbelieving souls are ready to set God against His own word, and instruments sent by Him.
7. Hasty unbelievers under cross providences are ready to charge the cause upon God's ministers.
8. It is the lot of God's instruments of life, to be charged to be causes of death, by foolish souls.
9. Such unreasonable charges are recorded to the shame of such brutish creatures (ver. 21).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And they met Moses and Aaron, who stood in the way, as they came forth from Pharaoh: