Behold, to morrow about this time I will cause it to rain a very grievous hail…
1. God's warnings of judgments being not regarded, He quickly gives the word for execution.
2. To encourage faith, God calleth His servants to assist in working vengeance.
3. God makes use of signals to induce judgments sometimes by the hand of His instruments.
4. God's word maketh such signs effectual that they may be feared.
5. God's word creates hail for vengeance, as sometimes in mercy.
6. Man and beast, herbs and all to the utmost extent, are subjected to God's hail at His command (ver. 22).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Behold, to morrow about this time I will cause it to rain a very grievous hail, such as hath not been in Egypt since the foundation thereof even until now.