Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste; and he said, I have sinned against the LORD your God, and against you.…
1. God's hasty judgments may work hasty passions in sinners, though no repentance.
2. Vengeance may make persecutors call in God's servants for help as hastily as they drove them out.
3. Double confession of sin may hypocrites make under plagues, yet not in truth.
4. Proud persecutors may be forced to confess their guilt against men as well as against God (Exodus 5:16).
5. Hypocritical oppressors may desire forgiveness of God's people under plagues, as if they would sin no more.
6. Wicked persecutors under judgment are earnest with God's servants to intercede earnestly for them.
7. It is only death which wicked sinners deprecate.
8. Hypocrites pretend upon deliverance from death, as if they would sin no more, or desire no more mercy (ver. 17).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste; and he said, I have sinned against the LORD your God, and against you.