And Moses said to the people, Fear you not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you to day…
1. It concerns God's instruments of salvation to reason quietly with a froward people who despise it.
2. God much contends by His ministers to remove the unbelieving fears of His people.
3. Stability in faith is God's command to cure fears in unbelief.
4. Jehovah's salvation is worth the looking unto by His poor creatures in faith.
5. Present salvation God can and will give to His people to quiet them. in believing.
6. God's command for faith carries proportionable reason for it in all cases.
7. Causes of fear which hinder faith God removeth at His pleasure.
8. In God's great redemption, typical and real, the Church is passive, not a word to it.
9. In such appearances of God it is but just with men to be silent from murmuring (ver. 14).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
WEB: Moses said to the people, "Don't be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of Yahweh, which he will work for you today: for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you shall never see them again.