The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.
1. God's future providence as well as past deliverance is the matter of faith's praise.
2. God, as a shepherd, leadeth His people through their course to rest, and will lead, as if it were done.
3. Mercy is the rule of all God's conduct to His Church here below.
4. God hath saved, and will redeem His Israel out of all their troubles. It is His promise (Psalm 130:8).
5. God's holy habitation, Sion in type and heaven in truth, is the end of all His providential guidance unto His.
6. God's strength secureth the Church's conduct to His holy habitation.
7. Tender, sweet, and gentle is God's guidance of His Church through their way to rest (Isaiah 40:11).
8. All this promised guidance faith must return to the praise of God.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.